A few reasons tax professionals can recommend Backyard Bookkeeper to their clientsJuly 15, 2013
The Fine Print of Our ContractsMarch 7, 2014
Backyard Bookkeeper is hiring new talent to join us, and we invite you to apply!
Some of the benefits:
- Flexible hours – as few as 4-5 hours a week and as many as 25-30 if you want to work up to it
- Work from the comfort of your own home, with a few regular visits to clients
- Interact with lots of interesting people and companies in varying industries
- Have a variety of ongoing projects, rather the same routine every day and week
- Mileage reimbursement at the federal rate
- Stretch your knowledge and skills with on-the-job training
Some of the requirements:
- Self-motivated, able to work effectively under deadlines without much supervision, excellent follow-through
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Have your own computer with a number pad, headset, and webcam
- Some Quickbooks experience
- Have your own car so you can make occasional visits to clients, in or near the Salt Lake Valley
- Excellent communication skills, including through email, phone, video chat, and other online media; be able to respond to messages within one day
- Type at least 60 WPM, not afraid of data entry (sometimes it gets tedious, but we do our best to mix it up with more interesting work)
- Generally tech savvy on computers, Windows, Microsoft Office, and internet
Optional areas of expertise we keep an eye out for:
- Sales tax
- Real estate accounting
- Retail sales accounting
- Sales and networking
To apply, please send a cover letter and one-page resume to email@example.com.
Here is a current listing of positions, click here.
To learn more about our current team, click here.