Meetings are for MoraleOctober 16, 2018
The Benefits of Staying on Top of ThingsDecember 1, 2018
Top reasons to hire a bookkeeper
Is it worth it to hire a bookkeeper? I believe it is, for many reasons; mostly because it allows a business owner to focus on their business. Knowing I wouldn’t think of all the good reasons to hire a bookkeeper, I polled my co-workers in the ultimate question of their job “Why hire a bookkeeper?” Who better to ask than the people who do the work?
Here are their answers, in no particular order:
- Classic client answer: so we can “make it all go away”
- A second pair of eyes. Even the most meticulous people make mistakes sometimes.
- Because without knowing how much comes in you won’t know how much you can spend
- My husband says ‘P&L’s? Does that mean we’re having pie & lobster?’*
- My clients say “I didn’t get into this business to be a bookkeeper, I want to get back to doing MY job.”
- So tax-time is not full of surprises!
And this list is just a few of our thoughts. We have company full of employees who LOVE their jobs and LOVE bookkeeping. I have heard from several of my co-workers that this is their dream job (mine, too). We love what we do and we would love to be part of your team. As we at Backyard Bookkeeper say, “Let us do your dirty work.”
*P&L stands for Profit and Loss, a report that is vitally important if you own a business and will tell you nothing if your bookkeeping is not accurate. Go Bookeepers!