Allowing yourself to let go of fearAugust 10, 2018
Domo Arigato, Mr. RobotoSeptember 2, 2018
An Employee’s Review of Telecommuting
I’ve done some research and have found many articles about the perks of having employees work from a virtual office, but I have seen little from the employees themselves. So, here goes:
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ Working from Home is The Cat’s Pajamas
I love working from home! The perks are endless:
- I can be a mom the way I want to. I have a job where I can be home with my kids, watch them grow, and help them when they need it.
- Working from home has made me more efficient. When I’m working, I’m working. Additionally, my hours on the clock are dedicated to getting work done quickly and well. It has also made me more efficient with home upkeep. I find myself scheduling my entire day better, keeping things cleaner, playing with my kids more, all because my time is valuable and focused.
- Company meetings are fun. I enjoy my interactions with my coworkers and feel meetings are time to come together and problem solve. Our meetings are effective and meaningful.
- I make money that goes towards taking care of my family. I don’t have to work just to have my kids taken care of at day care or to pay for my car and gas to commute to an office. The money I earn is actually money earned.
- The dress code. “I try not to work in pants, I feel like it ruins my productivity.” I said this yesterday, speaking to someone who has a day job working 50+ hours per week in a corporate office. The moment I said it I realized, again, how lucky I am to go to work in my cat pajamas and my favorite hoodie at my own computer.
Overall, I highly recommend working from home for all the reasons listed above and many more. 5 stars!